• Empowering people to transform their lives since 1978 •
Who We Are
Works for Us is a Milton Keynes-based charity dedicated to providing free training, careers guidance and support for people in and around Milton Keynes.
Formerly known as Women and Work, we have been supporting the people of Milton Keynes for over 40 years and are proud to have affected the lives of thousands of clients in that time by helping them to realise their personal and professional goals.
"Works for Us promotes social inclusion by helping people to make informed choices about employment and training needs, providing them with a pathway to paid or better paid work. We enable them to access vocational guidance, training and work experience opportunities. We raise their skill levels, qualifications, motivation and confidence to help them to compete more effectively in the labour market."
What We Do
As a specialist employability service, we look to provide tailored support to suit our clients' training and employment goals.
Through the delivery of free courses, training opportunities, workshops and drop-in sessions, we are able to help our clients by:
We offer a wide range of free support sessions, groups and courses, details of which can be found here.
Who We Help
Our services are available to everyone over the age of 18, no matter what skill level or experience they have. Typically, our clients face barriers such as:
How to Access Works for Us
- Getting in touch couldn't be easier! You can:
- Come along to one of our registration sessions at the Central Milton Keynes Library (see map on Welcome Page under accessing our services for details) Monday- Thursday from 9.30am-11:00am, (excluding the first Wednesday in the month when the library is closed for staff training)
- All of our clients are required to attend our registration process before accessing our services.
- Registration sessions are used to record your basic information and to understand your situation, needs and goals; sessions typically last 30 - 45mins
- Our registration runs on a first come, first served drop-in basis; no appointments or referrals necessary!
- Call us on 01908 200186 or 07852963744
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in an enquiry form here
- Tweet us @MKWorksforUs
- Message us on Facebook
- Please note: Our offices at the Point are open Monday - Thursday, 9am - 4.30pm.
If you feel you would benefit from our services or know someone who will, please feel free to attend a registration session or use our contact page to get in touch.